The Licensing Act 2003 recognises that volunteer and social clubs give rise to different issues for licensing law than commercially run premises selling alcohol to the public. These clubs (such as the Royal British Legion, working men's or cricket clubs) are generally organisations where members join together for a particular social, sporting or political purpose…

Read more Club Premises Certificates


Three types of licence are required by the new Act:
  • An operator licence concerned with the management and conduct of gambling.
  • A personal licence for persons with key operational functions connected with the gambling business.
  • A premises licence for the property where the gambling takes place.
Operator's licences and personal licences are issued and regulated by…

Read more Gambling Act 2005

These will allow the use of premises for gambling where there is no Premises Licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling. Premises that might be suitable for a Temporary Use Notice (TUN) would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues. A TUN may only be granted to a…

Read more Temporary use notice

Under the Gambling Act 2005 ("the Act") Permits are issued to premises that either offer very low-stakes and prizes gambling, or premises whose primary function is not the provision of gambling facilities. Therefore, the only premises eligible to apply to us for Permits are:
A lottery is a type of gambling which:
  • persons are required to participate
  • one or more prizes are allocated to one or more members of a class
  • the prizes are allocated by a process which relies wholly on chance
Fylde Council is responsible for registering small lotteries. A small lottery must be run for: