From February 2020 you will be able to subscribe for the new period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 by logging into your Fylde Council account.
If you are new a customer and are registering for the first time please click here to create your account, you will then be able to pay for the service once the subscription opens in February 2020.
Subscription and charge
- The cost to subscribe to the garden waste collection service is £30 per bin
- Payment can be made online using a debit/credit card. If you do not have a debit/credit card and wish to make a cash payment please contact Customer Services to book an appointment to do so. Please note we no longer accept cheque payments
- The new garden waste subscription service is effective from 1 April 2020
- To avoid any missed green bin collections you must subscribe by 15 March 2020
- The annual charge is based on 25 collections which equates to just £1.20 per collection, the service is suspended for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period
- If you choose to subscribe to the service at any other time through the year the annual charge will remain the same
- If subscribing after 15 March 2020 please allow 2 working days from subscription date before your first green waste collection
- If you only produce small amounts of garden waste, you may wish to consider sharing a green bin with a neighbour as this would halve the cost. However, one of you must take responsibility to subscribe to the service
- You will receive an email confirming your payment and subscription
- A sticker will be issued prior to 1 April 2020 if you subscribe by 15 March 2020 (or within 10 working days if you subscribe after this date) and must be attached to each subscribed bin as directed
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis. Please present the green bin at the edge of your property by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day
- Only green bins labelled with an authorised subscription sticker will be collected. Any bins that are presented for collection without a sticker or with an unauthorised sticker will not be emptied
What can be recycled in the green bin?
We can only accept garden waste in the green bin as detailed in the table below
|Yes please||No thanks|
|Grass cuttings||Large branches and pieces of wood – including trees and tree roots|
|Leaves||Soil, rubble, hardcore, sand|
|Flowers, plants and weeds (remove soil from roots before placing in bin)||Carboard|
|Garden prunings||Food, oils, liquids|
|Wood shavings and bark||Plastic carrier bags, wrappings and food and drink containers|
|Twigs and small branches||Cat litter and dog faeces|
|Straw animal bedding||Artificial Christmas trees and decorations|
|Real Christmas trees (chopped up)|
Christmas collection arrangements
Please note that there will be no green bin collections over the Christmas and New Year period (21 December 2019 to 4 January 2020), normal collections will resume on Monday 6 January 2020.
Further information on the Christmas collections can be found here
Alternative ways to recycle garden waste
- Garden waste can be composted at home. Lancashire County Council offers a home composting scheme, for further information and to purchase a home composter please visit www.getcomposting.com
- Garden waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Saltcotes Road, Lytham
Please could you leave on the tabs along the bottom – terms and conditions, order a replacement sticker, privacy notice and FAQs.