There may be occasions where Fylde Borough Council could be responsible for causing damage to people’s property or even causing bodily injury. In such instances if the Council can be shown to be legally negligent it will offer compensation through its insurers.

To avoid delay in receiving a reply to your claim you should complete the form below to the business unit concerned. If you are unsure which unit is responsible you can write addressing your letter to Finance Administration Team Manager, Resources Directorate, Fylde Borough Council, Town Hall, Lytham St Anne’s, FY8 1LW marking clearly that it is an Insurance Claim.

Alternatively you can email the details to

Insurance Claims Portal

Fylde Borough Council’s Public Liability insurer is Protector Insurance.

Solicitors wishing to lodge claims against the Council should do so via the Claims Portal: Protectors claims portal ID is (C00585).

Fylde’s insurance policy number is 2388417.

Footpaths and Roads

Fylde Borough Council is not a highway authority. The highway authority for Fylde is Lancashire County Council.

Fylde Borough Council maintains footpaths in its Parks, in the Promenade Gardens at St Anne’s and along the sea wall adjoining Lytham Green. Certain paths in Lytham and St Anne’s Squares are also maintained by Fylde. If your claim relates to these area’s then please send your claim to Fylde Borough Council.

However, the majority of footpaths and roads in Fylde Borough are adopted highway and are owned and maintained by the highway authority Lancashire County Council and all correspondence regarding incidents on adopted footpaths and roads other than those detailed above should be sent to: