(Last updated 12:55 27th March 2020)
We would like to reassure you that the government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus.
The council is monitoring the situation closely and are taking all possible steps to keep you safe.
– Visit the NHS website for the latest information and advice and the current situation in the UK
– NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do
– The BBC has produced advice on how to protect yourself
– Public Health England is constantly updating its Frequently Asked Questions page with the latest information on what you need to know.
The council is setting up a community hub in Fylde to support the isolated and lonely residents of the Borough who do not have friends, family or neighbours to assist during the period of isolation required as a result of the Coronavirus. For further information please click here.
Business and employers
The government has updated its guidance to assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff on:
-the coronavirus, COVID-19
-how to help prevent the spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
-what to do if someone with suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
-what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas, as outlined by the Chief Medical Officer (full list is available here)
-advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from Covid-19
Advice is available on decontamination for businesses, where a possible or confirmed Covid-19 case has spent time while symptomatic.
Businesses can also download and print the government’s coronavirus poster to display within their workspaces.
Businesses should remind their staff to follow Public Health England advice to:
– always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze, then bin the tissue, and wash your hands with soap and water
– wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport
– avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
– avoid close contact with people who are unwell
You may want to download and print the following materials to support efforts to stop coronavirus in your workplace or organisation (these are designed for printing purposes only, and with that in mind will not be fully accessible to someone using assistive technology such as a screen reader).