The Splash Park in St Annes Promenade Gardens is ready to reopen for 2023 from 15 April 2023 with the introduction of a £1 charge per child up to one hour.
First opened in 2019, the Splash water play area has proven immensely popular with families, whether visiting from afar or living locally, and offers a fantastic range of features including spray loops, water sprays, bucket drops, water domes and a small section for paddling.
The fee of £1 was chosen to ensure that the facility is affordable to all, with similar private beach activities charging significantly higher rates and pricing many visitors out. Please pay on arrival by card – please note no cash is taken. The £1 payment only applies to the children using the facility; there is no charge for accompanying adults.
The revenue from the small charge will contribute towards the ongoing costs of operating the Splash Park and ensuring its continued sustainability.
The facility has a restricted capacity and could get booked quickly. The health and safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority. Do not visit Splash if you show any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Splash entry is £1 per child up to 1 hour.
- Splash is specifically designed for children 3 years – 12 years. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
- Opening times are from 10.00am to 4.00pm, 7 days per week.
- Available session start times: 10.00am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 13,45pm, 15.00pm.
- Bookable sessions are for up to 60 minutes. There is a 15-minute break between each session to ensure the safe exit of users and cleaning of the facility.
- Booking is essential and must be done in person via a card payment for a same-day session. No cash is taken and online booking is currently not available.
- A special, weekly 1 hour session is available for the under 5’s: 10.00am every Monday.
- A special, weekly 1 hour session is available for children with disabilities and SEN: 10.00am every Tuesday. No age restriction applies.
- Fylde Council reserve the right to occasionally close Splash as a result of inclement weather, extra cleaning or system maintenance. Updates will be provided on the Splash Facebook page.
- A simple one-way system is in place to ensure the safe entry and exit of users – please let staff guide you on arrival.
- Please speak to our helpful staff to check session availability and book your slot.
- A sanitisation point is located at the entrance of facility.
- Please be respectful of other users and staff and help us keep the facility clean and hygienic by using the bins provided.
- A whistle will sound at the end of each session and users must exit the facility quickly to enable staff to adequately prepare the facility for the next session.
For more information about Splash, visit the Discover Fylde webpage.
Keep up to date with the latest Fylde Council news by following us on social media or subscribing to our newsletter. Any new information will be posted directly through these channels, so if you are following us, you’ll be the first to know.