The Splash Park at Fylde plans to reopen from this Friday 23rd July, as coronavirus restrictions come to an end across England. The final stage of the roadmap out of lockdown came into effect with nightclubs reopening and the final restrictions on mass gatherings and face coverings removed for most of the country. In addition, Fylde council has decided to reopen the Splash and the paddling/boating pool.
We will be operating safely in line with Government guidance. Visitors must now pre-book to use Splash via our website. This is to prevent high density crowds within the facility. Our sessions are restricted in numbers and will get booked quickly, so try to book in advance to avoid disappointment and please cancel your booking if your plans change – to free tickets for another families.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority. We now have numerous measures in place including reduced capabilities, pre-booking online and enhanced cleaning procedures. Do not visit Splash if you show any Covid-19 symptoms and follow advise on the following government link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronovirus-covid-19/.
- Splash is FREE to enter.
- Opening times are from 10.00am to 4.00pm, Friday 23rd July – 24th September 2021, 7 days per week.
- Available session start times: 10.00am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 13,45pm, 15.00pm.
- Bookable sessions are for up to 60 minutes. There is a 15 minute break between each session to ensure the safe exit of users and cleaning of the facility.
- Each booking session is for a maximum of 4 people. If your group is larger than 4, an additional session will need to be booked, subject to availability.
- To book, please click the following link: https://www.discoverfylde.co.uk/splashparkzone/
- A special, weekly 1 hour session is available for the under 5’s: 10.00am every Monday. Please book online.
- A special, weekly 1 hour session is available for children with disabilities and SEN: 10.00am every Tuesday. Please book online.
- Fylde Council reserve the right to occasionally close Splash as a result of inclement weather, extra cleaning or system maintenance. Updates will be provided on the Splash Facebook page.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than your allocated booking time.
- A simple one-way system is in place to ensure the safe entry and exit of users – please let staff guide you on arrival.
- A sanitisation point will be located at the entrance of facility.
- Please be respectful of other users and staff and help us keep the facility clean and hygienic by using the bins provided.
- A whistle will sound at the end of each session and users must exit the facility quickly to enable staff to adequately prepare the facility for the next session.
Councillor Michael Sayward, Chair of the Tourism and Leisure Committee said: “It is fantastic news that we can now re-open this community facility for everyone to enjoy at the start of the school holidays. However, it is important that everyone remembers their personal responsibility to keep themselves, their families and others safe during the ongoing pandemic. Therefore, I would urge anyone who uses the Splash Park to be sensible and respect others when using the facility in order to keep everyone safe.”
We will be following similar measures of other splash parks reopening in Lancashire. For those that don’t have an internet connection, the public can text/call the splash team to make a booking direct on 07917 234442 during normal operating hours (10am – 4pm). Our Splash Park will be open come rain or shine.
Stay in the know
Keep up to date with the latest Fylde Council news by following us on social media or subscribing to our newsletter. Any new information will be posted directly through these channels, so if you are following us, you’ll be the first to know.