The Regeneration function of the Council is located within the ‘Strategic Development Services’ section. The small team is responsible for a number of current initiatives, including:
- The regeneration programme for St Annes on Sea, including working with strategic partners to secure funding.
- Undertaking design proposals and delivering projects. In 2016 and 2017 the council is producing a Local List of heritage assets.
- Managing conservation areas, including potential new designations and preparing policies and proposals for the preservation and enhancement of these areas.
- A leading member of the Council’s ‘Design Panel’ advising the Development Control Committee on architectural, conservation and other design issues in respect of planning proposals across the Borough.
- Working with the Local Strategic Partnership and other partnership bodies to achieve environmental and economic initiatives.
- Assisting parish councils, other bodies and groups with design related projects.
Local list of heritage assets
The Regeneration Team are creating a Local List of heritage assets. The borough has many buildings that have heritage interest but these buildings are not on the national list and they are at threat of being altered unsympathetically or demolished, they can be viewed on the local list. The Government encourages Local Authorities to create a local list and Fylde Council is starting with Lytham St Annes and then will ‘roll out’ to the remainder of the borough.