– Custom and Self Build Homes

The Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 states that all local authorities must keep a register of individuals and associations interested in finding land on which they can custom or self build properties

Fylde Council is undertaking as assessment of the level of demand for Self-build and custom build housing development in the area.

If you are interested in the idea of building your own home and to take part in this process, please email your contact details to planningpolicy@fylde.gov.uk.  This will help to develop housing and planning policies to support the kind of self and custom building projects that would be most appropriate for this area.

General Information

At this stage, you are not making any commitment – the Council is just trying to find out how much local demand there is for self-build housing.

In preparing this register, the Council are making no commitment to provide self-build or custom-build plots.

In submitting the on-line form, you are agreeing that the Council can use the data you provide to understand the demand for custom-build and self-build housing.

Personal details included on the register will not be made public, but anonymised headline data extracted from it will be published annually below (i.e overall number of registered entries for various categories, geographical areas of interest, types of housing sought etc.) and in the Authorities Monitoring Report (AMR)

Self build and custom house-building register headline data

Local planning authorities do not have to publish their register, but are encouraged to publish headline data for each base period (see below), such as;

  • the number of individuals and associations on the register
  • the number of plots sought
  • location preferences

More information is available on the National Custom & Self Build Association and The Self Build Portal websites.

Further information

Back to top