Care and Repair
The Care and Repair (Fylde and Wyre) team offer advice and support with repairs and adaptation’s to the home and also operate a Handy Person Scheme. Advice and home visits are free of charge, the team can offer advice on how to obtain funding if required.
Who can we help?
- over 60 or have a disability
- live in Fylde or Wyre
- need repairs or adaptation’s to their home
- want help to arrange works to their home
- may need guidance on obtaining funds to work on their home
There is a small charge for the Handyperson service in addition to the cost of any necessary materials.
Work Handyperson can carry out
- replace light bulbs
- ease doors and windows
- make loose carpet and flooring safe
- fit smoke alarms and batteries
- fit door chains and minor security measures
- fit grab rails and hand rails
- install key safes
- make tripping hazards safe
By clicking on the button you will be taken to Wyre Borough Council’s website where you can obtain the contact information for either Care and Repair or the Handyperson Scheme.