Here at Fylde Council we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us or have consented to us providing or as required by law. To satisfy the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, the council is obliged to make it clear to you how we use your personal data, who we might share it with and to give you certain other information.

What do we do with the information you give us to be added to the waiting list?

We use the information to administer the waiting list for Moss Hall Lane allotments.

How long will we keep the information?

We will keep the information until you write to Fylde Council stating that you no longer require a plot at Moss Hall Lane allotments.

Who might we share your information with?

We will not share your information with anyone outside the council unless we are required to by law.

We do not share your data outside the European Economic Area or use it for profiling or any other form of automated decision-making.

What is the lawful basis for processing my information?

Processing your information is necessary for us to perform our function of providing and administering allotment gardens, which is a task carried out in the public interest.

Who is the data controller and how can I get in touch?

Fylde Borough Council is the data controller. You can contact us by email at, by phone on 01253 658658, or at the Town Hall, St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes FY8 1LW.

Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the same address, or at, or on 01253 658506.

What rights do I have about my data?

You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact our Data Protection Officer, whose details are above.

You also have the right to:

  • object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • object to decisions being taken by automated means
  • in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
  • claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at