Personal Data – What we collect
The Commercial Services Team deliver Health and Safety and Food Safety services. The service area delivers statutory functions to include wide ranging roles as follows – (but not exclusively listed)
- Food and safety Inspection and intervention
- Infectious disease monitoring and prevention
- Complaints and advice
- Accident investigation
- Sampling (Various)
- Support and administer licensing functions (Various)
- Private water supplies
- Events management and support.
Examples of personal data that we may process in the course of our duties include (but not exclusively listed) – name, address, age, date of birth, e-mail, phone number, occupation, GP and similar personal data for family contacts where necessary.
Why We Collect Personal Data
The collection of Personal Data is carried out in the course of our duties and is processed fairly in order to achieve our priority to protect and safeguard public health. We will share your personal data within our own organisation where a legitimate public health concern exists. The sharing of your personal data will also be undertaken in accordance with the following-
(but not exclusively listed)
- To ensure legal compliance
- In order to safeguard vulnerable individuals.
- To prevent and detect crime
- Where a moral, civil, or statutory requirement exists.
Personal data will also be shared where the withholding of such, would cause compromise to any of the above.
With Whom We Will Be Sharing the Data
We will share personal data with other departments of Fylde Council, other Local Authorities and Government Departments or as necessary in order to protect or safeguard public health, as outlined above. Examples of other bodies where your personal data may be shared- (but not exclusively listed)-
HSE (Health and Safety Executive), FSA (Food Standards Agency), HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs), Police Service, Fire Service, PHE (Public Health England), UU (United Utilities), CQC (Care Quality Commission), OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education), ENW (Electricity North West), DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate), DWP (Department for Work and Pensions), HMCS (Her Majesties Court Service), Analytical Laboratories, Hospitals and GP’s.
Please note that any requests for information made under The Freedom of Information Act 2000 will be processed in accordance with those Regulations.
How Long Will We Keep Personal Data
In general, personal data will be retained for a period of 7 years or for a time relevant to the need. Fylde Council has a Data Retention Policy that can be provided upon request.
Your rights in Relation to Personal Data Retention
- The right to be informed about what Personal Data we hold
- The right of access to your Personal Data
- The right to rectification of any Personal Data
- The right to erasure of Personal Data (In certain cases)
- The right to restrict processing (In certain cases)
- The right to data portability
- The right to object (In certain cases)
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
There are certain exemptions that apply in certain cases where Personal Data can still be shared.