Here at Fylde Council, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us or have consented to us providing or as required by law. To satisfy the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Council is obliged to make it clear to you how we use your personal data, who we might share it with and to give you certain other information.

What personal information do we process about councillors?

We process your contact details and any biographical information you have asked us to publish on our website. We also process information about your political affiliation, your bank details, NI number, photograph, and vehicle registration number, if we have these details.

What do we do with this information?

We use your contact details to contact you in your capacity as a councillor. We also publish your contact details, together with your photograph and any biographical information you have asked us to publish and your political affiliation on our website. We use your bank details and NI number to pay you your councillor’s allowance. We use your vehicle registration number to allow you to park on our car parks.

How long will we keep the information?

We will keep your contact details, bank details, NI number and vehicle registration number until three months after you cease to be a councillor. We will keep your political affiliation, biographical information and photograph until you ask us not to.

Who might we share your information with?

We share your contact details, together with your photograph and any biographical information you have asked us to publish and your political affiliation with the general public by publishing it on our website.

We share your bank details and NI number with Blackpool Borough Council, who manage the payment of councillor’s allowances for us.

We share your vehicle registration number with Chipside Ltd, who carry out car parking enforcement for us.

We do not share your data outside the European Economic Area or use it for profiling or any other form of automated decision-making.

What is the lawful basis for processing my information?

Processing your contact details and bank details is necessary for us to perform our functions of publishing the names and addresses of councillors and paying councillor’s allowances, which are legal obligations to which we are subject.

Processing your biographical information is on the basis of your consent.

Processing your vehicle registration number is necessary for us to perform our functions in relation to off-street parking, which is a task carried out in the public interest.

Processing your political affiliation is necessary for us to perform our function of maintaining the political balance of council bodies, which is a legal obligation to which we are subject. Further, each councillor manifestly made the information public.

Who is the data controller and how can I get in touch?

Fylde Borough Council is the data controller. You can contact us by email at, by phone on 01253 658658, or at the Town Hall, St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes FY8 1LW.

Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the same address, or at, or on 01253 658506.

What rights do I have about my data?

You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact our Data Protection Officer, whose details are above.

You also have the right to:

  • Withdraw your consent to our processing your biographical information
  • Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
  • Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
  • Object to decisions being taken by automated means
  • In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
  • Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at