Local Government Transparency Code – Fraud 2018-19
|Number of occasions powers used under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to require information) (England) Regulations 2014, or similar powers||1|
|Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of employees undertaking investigations and prosecutions of fraud||4.0 (absolute) 0.9 (full time equivalent)|
|Total number (absolute and full time equivalent) of professionally accredited counter fraud specialists||3 (absolute) 0.6 (full time equivalent)|
|Amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud||£31,360|
|Number of fraud cases investigated||196|
- In all cases the powers used were under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud (Power to require information) (England) Regulations 2014
- Preston City Council operates a counter fraud service on behalf of Fylde Council.
- All of the professionally accredited counter fraud specialists are members of the counter fraud service operated by Preston City Council on behalf of Fylde Council.
- Fylde Council paid Preston CC £31,360 for the financial year 2018-19 in respect of the counter fraud service.
- The number of fraud cases investigated refers to the number of cases that were concluded during the financial year 2018-19.