The prompt payment code relates to all contractors, suppliers and other organisations that provide services or goods to Fylde Borough Council.
Fylde Borough Council is committed to the principles of the Government’s Prompt payment Code and intends to ensure that all invoice payments are made within the terms of agreed contracts or where there is no formal contract, within 30 days of receipt of a correct and properly addressed invoice.
The Council undertakes to pay its suppliers:
- on time within the terms agreed at the outset of the contract or as invoiced
- without attempting to change payment terms retrospectively
- without changing practice on the length of payment for smaller companies on unreasonable grounds
The Council undertakes to give clear guidance to suppliers by:
- providing suppliers with clear and easily accessible guidance on payment procedures
- ensuring there is a system for dealing with complaints and disputes which is communicated to suppliers
- advising suppliers promptly if there is any reason why an invoice will not be paid to agreed terms
The Council undertakes to request that lead suppliers encourage adoption of the code throughout their own supply chains.