TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following is an overview of the key points as contained within the complete Terms and Conditions of Fylde Council community grants programmes document.
A full and complete version will be issued to all successful applicants for signature.
You are required to:
1. hold the grant on trust for Fylde Council (referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’) and use it only for your project as described in your application or otherwise agreed with us, and only for expenditure incurred after the date of your grant award
2. provide us promptly with any information and reports we require about the project and its impact, both during and after the end of the project
3. act lawfully in carrying out your project in accordance with best practice and guidance from your regulators, and follow any guidelines issued by us about the project or use of the grant and let us know promptly about any fraud, other impropriety, mismanagement, or misuse in relation to the grant
4. acknowledge Fylde Council funding using our ‘supported by logo’ in any promotional items used throughout the grant’s lifetime
5. hold the grant in a UK based account or building society account, which is in the legal name of the organisation that is applying for funding from Fylde Council
6. adhere to our guidance on financial controls and banking arrangements, ensuring that no single individual has sole responsibility for any single transaction from authorisation to review and completion and that the account is managed by at least two unrelated and authorised individuals in your organisation
7. immediately return any part of the grant that is not used for your project, or which constitutes an unlawful subsidy
8. comply with best practice safeguarding policies, reporting any concerns, and seeking advice where needed
9. comply with data protection laws and obtain the consent of your beneficiaries for us and you to receive and process their personal information and contact them
10. keep accurate and comprehensive records about your project both during the project and for seven years afterwards and provide us on request with copies of those records and evidence of expenditure of the grant, such as original paper or electronic receipts, invoices, and bank statements
11. allow us and/or the controller and auditor general reasonable access to your premises and systems to inspect project and grant records
We may commission research into and/or evaluation of your funding. You confirm that you will co-operate with any research or evaluation-related activities which we carry out and further confirm that we may use any part of your application and/or project information for research or evaluation purposes
You acknowledge that we are entitled to suspend or terminate the grant and/or require you to repay all or any of the grant in any of the following situations. You must let us know if any of these situations have occurred or are likely to occur.
12. You use the grant in any way other than as approved by us or fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions
13. You fail to make good progress with your project or are unlikely in our view to complete the project or achieve the objectives agreed with us.
14. You have match funding for the project withdrawn or receive or fail to declare any duplicate funding for the same project costs as funded by the grant
15. You provide us with false or misleading information either on application or after award of the grant, act dishonestly or are under investigation by us, a regulatory body, or the police, or if we consider for any other reason that public funds are at risk, or you do anything to bring Fylde Council into disrepute
16. You enter into, or in our view are likely to enter into, administration, liquidation, receivership or dissolution
17. You receive any grant money incorrectly either as a result of an administrative error or otherwise. This includes where You are paid in error before You have complied with your obligations under these terms and conditions and offer letter. Any sum, which falls due under this paragraph 2.6, shall fall due immediately. If you fail to repay the due sum immediately, or as otherwise agreed with us, the sum will be recoverable summarily as a civil debt
2. You acknowledge that:
1. the grant is for your use only and we may require you to pay us a share of any proceeds from disposal of assets purchased or enhanced with the grant
2. we will not increase the grant if you spend more than the agreed budget
3. the grant is not consideration for any taxable supply for VAT purposes
4. we have no liability for any costs or consequences incurred by you or third parties that arise directly or indirectly from the project, nor from non-payment or withdrawal of the grant, save to the extent required by law
5. these Terms and Conditions will continue to apply for one year after the grant is paid or until the project has been completed, whichever is later. Clauses 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 3.4 and 3.5 shall survive expiry of these Terms and Conditions.