There’s nowhere quite like the beautiful Fylde Coast – a great place to work; an even better place to live. Take the next step today towards a rewarding career at Fylde Council.
Fylde Council has undergone significant changes over the last few years in response to local government modernisation. The changes have been widespread including a complete restructure of the employee and political structure.
We aim to recruit people with a positive attitude who will face the fantastic challenges faced by local government today, with a view to seeking solutions and securing new opportunities. People who can continue the excellent progress made to date by performing to the highest standards, setting themselves challenging targets and fitting in with the team ethos.
At Fylde we are committed to providing a reward and benefits package for our valued colleagues.
Included in this is a range of flexible working options to help provide a greater work/life balance whilst still ensuring that service needs are met.
The range of benefits and rewards and reviewed each year as well as salaries being reviewed each April.
In addition, we offer 23 days of annual leave, plus nine public holidays, and after five years of service, the annual leave entitlement is increased to 28 days.
Following the successful completion of the six-month probationary period, staff are also entitled to:
- A healthcare benefits programme
- Access to reduced gym membership through Fylde Coast YMCA
- Access to a cycle to work scheme
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses
- Paid Apprenticeship Levy scheme, a government scheme to fund apprenticeships
- Local Government pension scheme
- Free eye tests and discount to purchase glasses
- Internal sports and social club opportunities
- Wellbeing and wellness initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Staff awards for contributions
- Mental Health First Aiders
Our current vacancies are available to view below. Please note, these links will take you to greater.jobs, where you can view further job information and apply.
Stay in touch to ensure you’re alerted to the latest Fylde announcements:
- Like us on Facebook @fylde
- Follow us on Twitter @fyldecouncil
- Sign up to our newsletter