gtag('config', 'UA-129305841-1');

Fylde Council Licensing Department takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us or have consented to us providing. To satisfy the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, the council is obliged to make it clear to you how we use your personal data, who we might share it with and to give you certain other information.

What do we do with the information you give us in your report/application?

We use the information to process your report/application. We may also use it to send you a response regarding your report/application. We process your information for these purposes so we can carry out the legal function of administering your report/application.

You do not have to give us the personal information that we ask for, but if you do not, we may not be able to process your report /application or reply.

We may also use your information to contact you regarding future Licensing related issues and to seek your opinion on Licensing Services.

How long will we keep the information?

If you have not consented to us contacting you about Licensing Services, we will only keep the information you have given us in respect of your application/ query until 2 years after submission.

If you have consented to us contacting you about Licensing services, we will keep your information for 3 years, unless you ask us to stop using it before then.

Who might we share your information with?

Information is shared with other regulatory and enforcement authorities including, but not limited to, other Council services; the police; HM Revenues and Custom; Home Office Immigration; NHS services, and other local authorities when allowed to by law for the purposes of the administration and enforcement of authorisations, and for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, public safety, public health, protection of the environment and prevention of fraud.

Certain information about authorisations (including in particular your name and the address of any premises to which an authorisation applies) may be published on a public register on our website when we required to by law. Authorisations that have to be determined by our Councillors will be published in minutes on our website.

Who is the data controller and how can I get in touch?

Fylde Borough Council is the data controller. You can contact us by email at, by phone on 01253 658658, or at the Town Hall, St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes FY8 1LW.

Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the same address, or at or on 01253 658506.

What rights do I have about my data?

You have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact our Data Protection Officer, whose details are above.

You also have the right to:
•object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
•prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
•object to decisions being taken by automated means
•in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
•claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at

Back to top