Businesses can now apply for a single new premises licence to cover all the licensable activities they wish to carry on. One premises licence can authorise the sale or supply of alcohol, the provision of entertainment (including plays and showing of films as well as music and dancing) and the provision of food from 11pm until 5am. The new licence will be of unlimited duration unless otherwise requested although there will be an annual fee.

New Application

To make an application for a New Premises Licence you must submit:

  • A completed application form;
  • For applications in the names of each individuals you must show that each applicant has the right to work in the UK (acceptable documents are listed in the application form);
  • A plan of the premises in the required form;
  • Identity and consent of Designated premises supervisor (if Licence includes sale of alcohol)  (This document is included with the application form) together with evidence of their right to work in the UK (acceptable documents are listed in the application form);
  • Fee.
  • You must also advertise the variation application for benefit of interested parties.

Duplicate copies of application to be given to responsible authorities which will include the Police, Fire Service, Child protection, trading standards, environmental health and local planning; on the same day as the submission to the Local Authority.

Applications for any new Licence will be opened up to full consultation. If there are no objections, the application will go through exactly as requested. If there are objections, the application will have to go to a hearing before the Council’s Licensing Panel. Where, the authority may modify conditions attached to the application, refuse to allow the specified person to be the DPS, reject parts of the application or reject the entire application.