Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control – Part B Processes Permit

Part B processes permits are issued by the council to regulate business activities which may cause air pollution.

The permit your business requires depends on the specific processes involved and the type of emissions released.

Please note: To find out about permits relating to other types of pollution impacts please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-pollution-control-general-guidance-manual

Which processes require a Part B processes permit?

Activities include:

  • Dry cleaners
  • Petrol stations
  • Some larger industries such as cement batchers and crematoria

For a full list of activities that require a Part B Processes permit please visit GOV.UK – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-pollution-control-general-guidance-manual

A register maintained by the Environment Agency at https://environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/index includes information on industry, business and individuals authorised to carry out certain activities that have the potential to pollute the environment.

Permit application process

Before you start your application we recommend that you contact us to discuss if an application is required and what it should contain.

Please note: we may inform the public of the application and must consider any representations.

Who can apply?

The application must be from the operator of the regulated facility and we must be satisfied that they operate the facility in accordance with the environmental permit.

How to apply

To find out how much the permit is and how to apply please contact environmentalprotection@fylde.gov.uk. We will then send you the appropriate form for you to complete.

Once you have completed your form return to:

Environmental Protection
Fylde Borough Council
The Town Hall
Lytham St Annes

Or email environmentalprotection@fylde.gov.uk

Applications will only be “duly made” once all the relevant information and payment has been received.

What should I include?

For a list of documents you may need to include in your application see GOV.UK – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/local-authority-pollution-control-general-guidance-manual

You will also need to read the EP Regulations and relevant Process Guidance notes. Related legislation can be found on http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

Please note: each time a request for a document is made, you will need to record a document reference number in the space provided.

Please mark the document(s) clearly with this reference number and the application reference number, if you have been given one. If you do not have either of these, please use the name of the process.

Continuation sheets

Please use a continuation sheet if you need extra space for any questions. Please indicate clearly on the form that you have done so by stating a document reference number for that continuation sheet. Please also mark the continuation sheet itself clearly with the information referred to above.

Annual subsistence fee

Once your permit has been granted, you will need to pay an annual subsistence fee thereafter. A reminder letter will be sent out to you annually detailing how to make payment

To comply with IED ANNEX II  Art. 55(3): A list of waste incineration plants or waste co-incineration plants with a nominal capacity of less than 2 tonnes per hour shall be drawn up by the competent authority and shall be made available to the public.

National IDNameLocal AuthorityPermit
FBC/EPA13A/001Gillett Environmental Ltd Fylde Borough CouncilDownload (PDF)