Why we are collecting the data
Fylde Borough Council Building Control provides a number of services which include Building Regulation Approval, Regularisation to existing premises and enforcement to premises which fail to meet Building Regulations.
Secondly administrational and enforcement involvement with dangerous structures and demolition is the responsibility of the department. In order to carry out these statutory functions it is necessary to process personal data.
With whom we will be sharing the data
Fylde Borough Council Building Control may share data with other government departments and agencies, local authorities and housing associations (and their representative bodies), the local fire and rescue authority and United Utilities in pursuance of the aim of the Building Regulations and associated Building Act 1984.
For how long we will keep the (personal) data.
Your (personal) data will be held for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected.
Any personal data will be stored in a secure Fylde Borough Council IT system upon the Building Control and Land Charges system. It will not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area or used for any automated decision making.
Your rights, e.g. access, rectification, erasure
Where the data we are collecting is your personal data, you have considerable say over what happens to it.
You have the right:
- to see what data we have about you;
- to ask us to stop using your data, but keep it on record;
- in some circumstances to have all or some of your data deleted or corrected;
- to lodge a complaint with the independent Information Commissioner (ICO) if you think we are not handling your data fairly or in accordance with the law. You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/, or telephone 0303 123 1113; and
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant).