We want little litter pickers to send their rubbish selfies!
We are delighted to introduce Bin it to Win it – a competition to celebrate ‘little litter pickers’ as part of our Take It, Don’t Leave It summer initiative.
We’re asking under-18s who take part in litter picks, either individually or as part of a group, to upload their ‘rubbish selfies’ to be in with a chance of winning fabulous prizes.
Every Friday a winner will be selected at random to receive a prize from a Fylde coast business or attraction and at the end of the competition, an overall winner will be chosen to receive a package of goodies.
Allan Oldfield, Chief Executive at Fylde Council, said: “We’ve had a great response to our Take It, Don’t Leave It initiative and people, organisations and businesses are getting involved to spread the word.
“As part of this, we want to thank the hundreds of little litter pickers that take time to help keep our local area free from litter and protect the wildlife.
“We are currently pulling together lots of prizes from our wonderful businesses and partners here in Fylde and look forward to announcing the first winner on Friday 13th August.
“With much higher-than-average visitor numbers this summer we want to get as many people involved as possible with our Take It, Don’t Leave It campaign to spread the word and keep the borough looking beautiful.
“As a council, we have invested more than ever before in additional staff, new teams and extra bins to combat the rise in litter, but we couldn’t do it without the hundreds of dedicated volunteers that work tirelessly every day.
‘Everyone is looking forward to seeing all the rubbish selfies rolling in and, more importantly, giving recognition to these little litter heroes!”
From Friday 6th August people can send selfies of their little litter pickers by direct message on Facebook or by responding to the social media posts about the competition on Facebook and Twitter. There is no limit to the number of times people can enter.
Bin it to win it – social media competition terms and conditions.
- The competition is open from 6th August to midnight on 9th September.
- Entrants must be residents of the UK aged 18 or under but where applicable have parent or guardian consent to submit photos as part of the competition entry
- This competition is not open to employees or families of Fylde Borough Council
- Litter picks must have taken place within the borough of Fylde
- Winners will be chosen at random weekly each Friday from 13th August to 10th September. Winners will be notified by email. Prizes will be available to be collected from the Fylde Borough Council’s Town Hall office, proof of ID must be presented.
- Pictures of the winners will be posted on Facebook and their pictures will be used as part of our Take it, Don’t Leave it campaign
- There will be no cash or other alternative offered. Once a Prize has been allocated it cannot be transferred.
- Fylde Borough Council reserves the right to cancel or change this competition at any stage, if circumstances change that are beyond its reasonable control.
- Fylde Borough Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The overall winner will be required to participate in publicity and the competition photos submitted will be used on Fylde Borough Council’s social media channels and may appear in other promotional materials.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
Stay in the know
Keep up to date with the latest Fylde Council news by following us on social media or subscribing to our newsletter. Any new information will be posted directly through these channels, so if you are following us, you’ll be the first to know.