How does it work?

Once you have found an affordable property, you will need to provide your Housing Officer with the following information:
  • Property address
  • Landlord/agent information
  • Weekly rental cost
  • Total bond or Rent in Advance required
Your Housing Officer will complete a Help to Rent form which will be passed to our Affordable Housing Officer. An inspection…

Read more Help to rent

The Department of Works and Pensions have provided us further Household Support Fund (HSF) funding to allow us to provide financial support to households who haven’t previously received a HSF payment, aren’t in receipt of social benefits and therefore haven’t received any of the cost of living payments made by the Department for…

Read more Household Support Funding – How can we help?

What is the 'duty to refer'?

This duty to refer places a statutory responsibility on public authorities in England to notify a local housing authority (LHA) of applicants they think may be homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless within 56 days.

Public authorities with a statutory duty to refer

The public authorities specified in the Homelessness Regulations…

Read more Duty to refer