The bin charging policy was introduced to encourage residents to take responsibility for the wheeled bins provided and to reduce demand for replacements so that resources can be directed towards priority services. Please note that the wheeled bins will remain the property of Fylde Borough Council and must remain at the property they have been issues to.
If a bin is damaged as a result of mishandling by the crew or lost in a refuse vehicle on collection day the address will be recorded by the driver and a replacement bin will be delivered free of charge. This excludes any damage as a result of prohibited waste being placed in the container and reasonable wear and tear.
- Full set of wheeled bins (grey, green, blue and brown) at a new property – £105.00
- Full set of bins minus the green bin (grey, blue and brown) at a new property – £80.00
- One new wheeled bin (grey, green, blue or brown) – £34.00
- Lost, stolen or damaged bin lid or wheels (including and fitting) – £13.75
The wheeled bins will remain the property of Fylde Borough Council and must remain at the property they have been issued to.
Government funding was previously provided for waste receptacles however this ceased in April 2008 and the cost for new, additional and replacement bins now represents a significant cost to the Council. By recovering some of the cost for the provision of waste bins the Council will be able to divert this money into other essential services.
The Council has a duty imposed under section 45 of the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990 to collect household waste. Section 46 provides that the local authority can define the kind, number and size of waste receptacles; the receptacles can be provided free of charge, via a single or periodic payment or require the occupier to provide them. The designated container in Fylde is a Council issue 240L wheeled bin and waste that is put out in other containers will not be collected.
The policy for the provision of waste receptacles aims to:
- Encourage residents to take responsibility for their wheeled bins and to remove them from the highway as soon as possible after emptying
- To promote recycling and to minimise requests for additional (second) grey bins;
- To reduce the demand for wheeled bins and minimise the number of requests for replacement bins at properties where there is already a bin
To apply for a new or replacement bin please contact our customer services team on 01253 658658.