From 1 December 2019 we are no longer accepting payments for the subscription period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
From February 2020 you will be able to subscribe for the new period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 by logging into your Fylde Council account.
If you are new a customer and are registering for the first time please click here to create your account, you will then be able to pay for the service once the subscription opens in February 2020.
Subscription and charge – 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020
- The subscription cost is £30 per green bin
- The green waste subscription service subscription period is 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020
- The annual charge is based on 25 collections which equates to just £1.20 per collection, the service is suspended for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period (21 December 2019 to 4 January 2020)
- The charge for subscribing to the service at any other time through the year remains the same
- An email is sent confirming payment and subscription
- A sticker is issued within 7 working days and must be attached to each subscribed green bin as directed
- Collections continue on a fortnightly basis, the green bin must be presented for collection at the edge of your property by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day
- Only green bins labelled with an authorised subscription sticker will be emptied. Any bins that are presented for collection without a sticker or with an unauthorised sticker will not be emptied
What can be recycled in the green bin?
We can only accept garden waste in the green bin as detailed in the table below
|Yes please||No thanks|
|Grass cuttings, hedge trimmings and garden waste||Plastic carrier bags – please place all items loose in the bin|
|Leaves, flowers, plants and weeds (please remove soil from roots before placing in bin)||Plastic containers (including plant pots)|
|Wood shavings, bark, twigs and small branches||Food, oils and liquids|
|Real Christmas trees (chopped up)||Soil, rubble and sand|
|Straw animal bedding||General waste
Large branches and pieces of wood (including trees and tree roots)
Cat litter and dog faeces
Artificial Christmas trees and decorations
Christmas collection arrangements
Please note that there will be no green bin collections over the Christmas and New Year period (21 December 2019 to 4 January 2020), normal collections will resume on Monday 6 January 2020.
Further information on the Christmas collections can be found here
Alternative ways to recycle garden waste
- Garden waste can be composted at home. Lancashire County Council offers a home composting scheme, for further information and to purchase a home composter please visit www.getcomposting.com
- Garden waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Saltcotes Road, Lytham
Please could you leave on the tabs along the bottom – terms and conditions, order a replacement sticker, privacy notice and FAQs.