PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU CAN APPLY FOR THIS GRANT
The National Lockdown: Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) has been created by central government to provide financial support to businesses REQUIRED TO CLOSE due to the national lockdown restrictions in place from 5 November until 2 December.
To be eligible for this grant, your business must be in the Fylde Council area and has been:
- Required to close due to national lockdown restrictions imposed by government from 5 November 2020
- Trading in the normal manner before November 5th, 2020
- Paying business rates for the premises as of 14 October 2020
Businesses that do not have a business rate account are not eligible for this grant scheme but may be able to apply for a discretionary grant under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
Which businesses are eligible?
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs
- Non-essential retail
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- Entertainment venues including sports facilities
- Personal care facilities and providers
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites
If a business is forced to close the part of its business that provides its main service it is eligible for LRSG (Closed) funding.
If a business has closed because it is no longer viable to stay open due to restrictions, it would not be eligible for a grant through the LRSG (Closed) scheme but may be able to apply for a discretionary grant under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
- DO NOT apply if your business has not been required to close under the regulations. The following businesses are excluded from this grant scheme: Food shops, newsagents, convenience stores, takeaways, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants, off-licences, petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses, banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses, laundrettes and dry cleaners, medical and dental services, vets and pet shops, storage and distribution facilities
- Businesses that are able to continue to trade because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors) are not eligible
- Businesses will not qualify for support under this scheme if they are in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time national restrictions started
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of your premises. You will receive a single payment for the 28-day period of the National Lockdown.
Rateable value and support amount
|Rateable value of premises||One-off grant payment to cover 28-day period|
|£15,000 or under||£1334|
|£51,000 or over||£3000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill.
Businesses that received an award under the Tier 3 Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
If your business was required to close on 17 October as a result of the Tier 3 regulations and you have already submitted a successful application, you will not be required complete the application form for the period from November 5th the business will be automatically included in the ‘National Lockdown: Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)’ scheme.
Do state aid rules apply?
The National Lockdown: Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance. By requesting this grant, you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
How to apply?
Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data
Click here for more information on all of the grant schemes from GOV.uk