The Tier 3 Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) has been created by central government to help businesses that have been required to close due to the ‘Tier 3 COVID Alert Level: Very high’ local lockdown restrictions.
This grant is only available to businesses that closed as a result of the Lancashire ‘Tier 3 COVID Alert Level: Very high’ restrictions. The grant is not available to businesses that elected or were required to close before 17 October 2020 and is not available to businesses mandated to close as a result of the National Lockdown from 5 November until 2 December. A separate ‘National Lockdown: Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)’ scheme is applicable to businesses mandated to close from 5 November, click here to find out more about the National scheme including the full eligibility criteria and online application form.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in the Fylde Council area and has been:
- Open as usual before the restrictions
- Providing services in-person to customers from the premises before the restrictions
- Required to close due to local lockdown restrictions imposed by government from October 2020
- Paying business rates for the premises as at 14 October 2020
Businesses required to close under Lancashire’s ‘Tier 3 COVID Alert Level: Very high’ local restrictions are:
From 00:01 on Saturday 17 October
- Pubs and bars (not operating as a restaurant or for takeaway/delivery services only)
From 00:01 on Monday 19 October
- Adult gaming centres
- Bingo Halls
- Bookmakers and betting shops
- Children’s soft play areas
- Car boot sales
From 00:01 on Friday 30 October:
- Private Members Clubs (not operating as a restaurant or for takeaway/delivery services only)
- Social Clubs (not operating as a restaurant or for takeaway/delivery services only)
Any other businesses are not eligible for this grant scheme.
Your business will not qualify for support under this scheme if it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time local restrictions started.
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of your premises.
You will receive support for every two weeks your business is closed and this will be paid every two weeks that you are required to remain closed.
Rateable value and support amount
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 2 weeks of closure||Grant payment per 4 weeks of closure|
|£15,000 or under||£667||£1334|
|£51,000 or over||£1500||£3000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill.
Do state aid rules apply?
The Tier 3 Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the government state aid guidance. By accepting this grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
How to apply
Click here to begin your application.