PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS GRANT
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) was created by central government to support businesses REQUIRED TO CLOSE by mandate under the COVID regulations between 17 October 2021 and 31 March 2021.
The deadline to apply for LRSG grant awards for the period up to 15 February 2021 has now passed, and no new applications can now be accepted for this period.
Applications can still be made for the final LRSG (Closed) award that covers the period 16 February – 31 March 2021.
This grant is only available to businesses that were required to close as a result of the restrictions in place during the National lockdown between 5 January to 31 March 2021. The grant is not available to businesses that elected to or were required to close before 17 October 2020.
To qualify the business must be in the Fylde Council area and has been:
- Trading on 4 January 2021
- Providing services in-person to customers from the rated-premises before the restrictions
- Mandated to close under regulations for the national lockdown on 5 January 2021
- The liable party for business rates at the premises as at 5 January 2021
Businesses that do not have a business rate account are not eligible for this grant scheme.
Businesses REQUIRED TO CLOSE by COVID restrictions from 5 January to 31 March 2021
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs
- Non-essential retail
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- Entertainment venues including sports facilities
- Personal care facilities and providers
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites
If a business is required to close the part of its business that provides its primary income and can provide evidence that this is the case, it will be eligible for LRSG (Closed) funding.
- DO NOT apply if the business has not been mandated to close under the regulations (the following businesses are excluded from this grant scheme: food shops, newsagents, convenience stores, takeaways, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants, off-licences, petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, taxi and vehicle hire businesses, post offices, laundrettes and dry cleaners, vets and pet shops, storage and distribution facilities, all financial or medical services)
- DO NOT apply if the business was permitted to continue trading or operated normal service through alternative means, for example online (business that do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely, e.g. accountants, solicitors, financial services, are not eligible)
- DO NOT apply if the business is in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time restrictions started
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount awarded depends on the rateable value of your premises:
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment for 15 February - 31 March 2021|
|£15,000 or under||£2096|
|£15,001 - £50,999||£3143|
|£51,000 or over||£4714|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill.
Do the rules about subsidies apply?
The Brexit transition period has ended and new rules on subsidy control now apply. The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) is a subsidy. If a receiving a grant may mean that your business (or any group of which it forms part) has had £1,950,000 or more in subsidies in the last three years, we will need to ask you for more information and you are invited to contact us directly regarding your business. You can read more on the rules about subsidies here.
How to apply
Only businesses that have been required to close by the regulations should submit an application. If an application has already been submitted and acknowledged please do not submit a further application, duplicate applications may cause delays and will be deleted.
Please note that the previous grant schemes administered in spring/summer of 2020 have no relation to any of the current schemes.
- For the 44-day payment window for the period 16 February – 31 March 2021, you must apply by 31 May 2021.
- The deadline for payments for the period up to and including 15 February 2021 has now passed and no awards can now be made to new applicants for this period.
The scheme is a central Government grant with eligibility criteria and deadlines set by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS); it is only administered by the local authority.
Thank you for your patience
Once an application has been submitted it will be checked for eligibility and any grant awarded will be paid into the nominated business bank account after audit and fraud verification, please allow time for this process.
The council is experiencing unprecedented levels of service demand and employees are working hard to assess, verify and process payments to eligible businesses. Chasing progress by telephone or email could result in delays, please allow time to deal with the application. If further information is required about an application, you will be contacted directly by the grants team.