PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU CAN APPLY FOR THIS GRANT
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) has been created by central government to help businesses that have been REQUIRED TO CLOSE due to the Tier 3, Tier 4, or National Lockdown restrictions.
This grant is only available to businesses that are required to close as a result of the restrictions in place from 17 October 2020 onwards. The grant is not available to businesses that elected to or were required to close before 17 October 2020.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in the Fylde Council area and has been:
- Open / trading as usual on 4 November 2020
- Providing services in-person to customers from the premises before the restrictions
- Mandated to close under regulations for the national lockdown on 5 November 2020
- The liable party for business rates at the premises as at 5 November 2020
Businesses that do not have a business rate account are not eligible for this grant scheme but may be able to apply for a discretionary grant under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
Businesses REQUIRED TO CLOSE by COVID restrictions
From 00:01 on Saturday 17 October:
- Pubs and bars (not operating as a restaurant)
From 00:01 on Monday 19 October:
- Adult gaming centres
- Bingo Halls
- Bookmakers and betting shops
- Children’s soft play areas
- Car boot sales
From 00:01 on Friday 30 October:
- Private Members Clubs (not operating as a restaurant)
- Social Clubs (not operating as a restaurant)
- Hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs
- Non-essential retail
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- Entertainment venues including sports facilities
- Personal care facilities and providers
- Accommodation such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites
- Hospitality (e.g. restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs) – excluding takeaways/drive-throughs
- Accommodation: hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses
- Indoor entertainment venues:
- Indoor play centres and areas, including trampolining parks and soft play
- Bingo halls
- Bowling alleys
- Skating rinks (excluding outdoor skating rinks)
- Amusement arcades and adult gaming centres
- Laser quests and escape rooms
- Cinemas and theatres (excluding drive-in cinemas/theatres)
- Concert halls
- Snooker halls
- Events businesses (excluding drive-in events)
If a business is required to close the part of its business that provides its primary income and can provide evidence that this is the case, it will be eligible for LRSG (Closed) funding.
If a business has closed because it is not economically viable to open as a direct result of the impact of the restrictions, it would not be eligible for a grant through the LRSG (Closed) scheme but may be able eligible for a discretionary grant under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
- DO NOT apply if the business has not been mandated to close under the regulations (the following businesses are excluded from this grant scheme: food shops, newsagents, convenience stores, takeaways, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants, off-licences, petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, taxi and vehicle hire businesses, post offices, laundrettes and dry cleaners, vets and pet shops, storage and distribution facilities, all financial or medical services)
- DO NOT apply if the business was permitted to continue trading or operated normal service through alternative means, for example online (business that do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely, e.g. accountants, solicitors, financial services, are not eligible)
- DO NOT apply if the business is in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was made at the time restrictions started
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount awarded depends on the rateable value of your premises.
Rateable value and support amount
|Rateable value of premises||Grant payment per 2 weeks of closure||Grant payment per 4 weeks of closure|
|£15,000 or under||£667||£1334|
|£51,000 or over||£1500||£3000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill.
Payments will be paid pro rata based on the two-week allocation above. Eligible businesses applying for this grant will initially receive a single payment for the LRSG (Closed) scheme for the National Lockdown period 5 November to 2 December 2020. Successful applications will then be reviewed for subsequent LRSG (Closed) payment windows in Tier 3, Tier 4, and the current National lockdown, as well as eligibility for a one-off CBLP award. Any retrospective and ongoing payments will be issued automatically in due course, with a confirmation email for each payment provided. A business is only required to make one application. Duplicate applications may cause delays and will be deleted.
Do the rules about subsidies apply?
The Brexit transition period has ended and new rules on subsidy control now apply. The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) is a subsidy. If a receiving a grant may mean that your business has had £350,000 or more in subsidies in the last three years, we will need to ask you for more information and you are invited to contact us directly regarding your business. You can read more on the rules about subsidies here.
How to apply
Only businesses that have been required to close by the regulations should submit an application. If an application has already been submitted and acknowledged please do not submit a further application. We already have your details and will make any further LSRSG (Closed) payments that your business is eligible for in due course.
Please note that the previous grant schemes administered in spring/summer of 2020 have no relation to any of the current schemes.
Thank you for your patience
Once an application has been submitted it will be checked for eligibility and any grant awarded will be paid into the nominated business bank account after audit and fraud verification, please allow time for this process.
The council is experiencing unprecedented levels of service demand and employees are working hard to assess, verify and process payments to eligible businesses. Chasing progress by telephone or email could result in delays, please allow time to deal with the application. If further information is required about an application, you will be contacted directly by the grants team.
Stay in touch to ensure you’re alerted to the latest business support announcements: