Tuesday 5 January
A new National Lockdown is in place. Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly across the country. Find out what you can and cannot do:
- Schools are closed to all but vulnerable children and those of critical workers. Early Years settings remain open.
- You cannot leave or be outside of the place you are living unless for one of the defined reasons set out on the government website.
- You cannot meet socially with others, unless in your support bubble.
- Local outdoor exercise once per day is permitted with your household, support bubble, or one other person from another household
- Work from home if you can
- Clinically extremely vulnerable should shield – If you need help please click here to visit our community hub page
The National Lockdown restrictions replace all previous restrictions.
These measures will be underpinned by law. Police and other authorities will have powers to give fines and break up gatherings.
You can help to protect your friends and family by downloading the NHS COVID-19 App to keep updated on the latest guidance.
Stay in touch to ensure you are alerted to the latest Coronavirus guidance: