People across the country and the Commonwealth are invited to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort over a weekend of special events on 6-8 May.
There are many ways you can get involved in the Coronation plans, both locally and nationally. This webpage will help you find out more: Coronation.gov.uk
The official Coronation website provides lots of information about the Coronation itself, how you can get involved, and how you can prepare to celebrate.
- Read about celebrations taking place across the nation and how to host your own: https://coronation.gov.uk/get-involved/
- Planning your own street party? Please email email@example.com to request a notification form
- Find your nearest Coronation event: https://coronation.gov.uk/events/
- Add your own event to the Coronation map: https://coronation.gov.uk/share-event/
- Download fun activites, recipes, bunting templates, card invites and more: https://coronation.gov.uk/toolkit/
The Big Lunch
The Big Lunch brings neighbours and communities together to share friendship, food and fun. This year you can be part of history and join millions across the UK with a Coronation Big Lunch on 6-8 May, or join the fun in June and plan your Big Lunch as part of the Month of Community.
- Get your Coronation Big Lunch pack: https://www.edenprojectcommunities.com/big-lunch/get-your-coronation-big-lunch-pack
- Organise a Big Lunch any time: https://www.edenprojectcommunities.com/big-lunch/get-your-big-lunch-pack
The Big Help Out
To mark His Majesty The King’s Coronation, thousands of organisations across the country are getting together to give people the chance to help in their local communities in The Big Help Out. From Monday 8th May there will be opportunities for everyone to join in, whether you can spare an hour or a day.
- Find a volunteering opportunity near you: https://thebighelpout.org.uk/join-in/
- Organise an event and spread the word: https://thebighelpout.org.uk/organise-an-event/
Fylde’s Coronation After Party at Fairhaven Lake
Join us for an afternoon of music and festivities at Fairhaven Lake and Gardens from 2pm – 5pm on Saturday 6 May after the Coronation service and continue the celebration!
- Live music from 2pm
- Roaming Royal theatre with Lizzie the Coronation Chicken
- Royal window display
- Food and drink concessions
- All the fun of Fairhaven – pedalos, boats, golf, gorgeous parks and gardens, and much more!
Entertainment starts at 2pm outside the Water Sports building at Fairhaven Lake & Gardens, Lytham St Annes, FY8 1BD.
Coronation Events in Fylde
- The Big Creature Count – Fairhaven Lake. This bioblitz aims to count all the creatures in one place, so we know what birds, bugs, plants and animals make Fairhaven its home. Full list of activities available soon.
- Brass In the Grass, Ashton Gardens, St Annes 2pm (free event).
- King’s Coronation celebration in the Memorial park and the Coach & Horses car park, Freckleton. Stalls and special events taking place during the day (organised by Freckleton Parish Council). From 1pm to 6pm. The Freckleton singers at 1.15pm followed by Freckleton prize band from 2.30pm to 4pm, children’s picnic from 1.15pm, children’s rides, rodeo bull, disco dome, toddler bouncy castle, craft stalls, dog parade, best coronation cake competition, carnival games including ‘I’m a villager get me out of here’, food including burgers, pizzas, hog roast, pie and peas, hotdogs, circus school, birds of prey, real ale drinks and gin bar.
- The Coronation Big Lunch – community events TBC
- Coronation Indoor Street Party in the Upper West Wing at Lytham Hall 4.30pm – SOLD OUT. Other events will be taking place over the weekend at Lytham Hall – click HERE for details.
- The Big Help Out, to encourage people to try volunteering for themselves and join the work being undertaken to support their local areas – details HERE