The proposals for the 2021/22 budget have now been published and can be viewed on our website www.fylde.gov.uk. Feedback from all stakeholders received before 19th February 2021 will be considered at the budget-setting Council meeting of 4th March 2021. Feedback should be submitted by email using email@example.com or by post to Budget Consultation Feedback, The Town Hall, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1LW.
For 2021/22 the Council is proposing several capital growth items. These seek to enhance the local environment for the residents and visitors and include:
- Additional access control measures at a number of parks
- Ashton Gardens Lighting Improvement Scheme
- Park View Drainage Improvement Scheme
- Fairhaven Boathouse – Remodelling and Refurbishment Scheme
- Play Area Improvements at a number of parks
- Friends of Newton Community Park Development Scheme – £50k Fylde Council contribution
- Staining Drainage Improvement Scheme
- A further Scheme of Tree planting throughout the borough
In addition to the capital growth proposals there are 3 further revenue budget proposals for 2021/22 including:
- Support for the Kirkham Town Council CCTV Scheme Extension
- Support for the Newton-with-Clifton Parish Council CCTV Scheme
- The allocation of government covid support funding to all areas of the borough
All of these will contribute to ensuring Fylde is a vibrant and thriving place to live and visit and residents will be asked to contribute a modest additional sum within their Council Tax to ensure this is achievable.
For 2021/22 there is a proposed overall increase for Council Tax of less than 10p per week for a Band D property which is less than the maximum increase allowed and will help to safeguard services.
The budget consultation can be found on the website following this link.